This volume in The Requisites in Anesthesiology Series concisely presents all of the knowledge essential to the safe practice of obstetric and gynecologic anesthesia. It covers every facet of the anesthetic care of female patients, including non-obstetrical pain management • pharmacology • physiology • common surgical procedures • oncologic procedures • assisted reproduction • fetal surgery • high-risk obstetric patients • and more. Case studies in each chapter demonstrate the clinical relevance of the material and test your comprehension.
Tightly focused, user-friendly chapters make it ideal both as a refresher for certification or recertification, and as a reference for everyday clinical practice.
* Uses a logical, consistent chapter format to facilitate reference.
* Presents special boxes that highlight relevant case studies • key points • controversies • and advantages/disadvantages of drugs, tests, techniques, monitoring approaches, and more.
* Emphasizes current practice guidelines throughout—to ensure the safe and efficacious use of techniques as approved by leading anesthesia societies.
* Features 1 - 3 case studies in each chapter, consisting of a clinical vignette followed by several questions (with answers) that probe readers' mastery of the relevant knowledge.
* Represents the work of a single expert author—for a consistent, cohesive approach throughout.