The #1 selling medical textbook worldwide, Harrison’s has defined internal medicine for millions of clinicians and students. The new Seventeenth Edition retains Harrison’s acclaimed balance of pathobiology, cardinal signs and manifestations of disease, and best approaches to patient management, yet has been massively updated to give you an innovative array of bold new features and content. If ever there was one must-have resource for clinicians and students – this is it!
UNMATCHED EXPERTISE AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
As an unprecedented amount of medical information bombards you and your patients, where do you go to sort it out and make sense of it all? When your patients request clarification on something they’ve “printed off” where do you turn for expert explanations? The same trusted resource physicians and students have turned to for over fifty years: Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine. Now more than ever, trust Harrison’s to filter and clarify the exploding knowledge base, to highlight the breakthroughs, and to deliver a clear, balanced distillation of the best and most current information on which to base clinical decisions.
THE MOST EXCITING AND EXTENSIVELY REVISED EDITION EVER!
Here are just a few of the reasons why the new 17th Edition of Harrison’s is the best edition yet:
- Bonus companion DVD featuring: 37 new “e-chapters”; over 500 brand-new radiological, laboratory, and clinical images, including complete atlases; state-of-the-art video clips; an Image Bank of nearly all the illustrations contained in the parent text, and much more
- Expanded, modernized illustration program with more than 800 brand-new, additional illustrations-a 60% increase over the previous edition
- Dozens of brand new chapters on vital topics in medical education and clinical practice: Global Issues in Medicine: Patient Safety and Health Quality; Health Disparities: Atlas of EKGs; Clinical Management of Obesity: Atlas of Hematology: Atlases of Chest, Neurological, and Cardiovascular Radiology, and much more! Also included a complete new Section on biological foundations and emerging clinical applications of regenerative medicine!
- Brand new, reader-friendly text design optimizes the full-color format
- An expanded, innovative focus on global health
- NEW Global Advisory Board comprised of 11 prominent medical experts from Asia, India, Europe, and South America
- Revision of the popular On Line Learning Center, which offers more skill-sharpening self-assessment questions and answers, plus additional case studies for helping you apply Harrison’s content to the daily care of patients
- Harrison’s related products are available in a full suite of formats to meet all your educational and clinical needs. Harrison’s Practice of Medicine is a complete database of more than 700 clinical topics formatted for use at the point of care. The Harrison’s Manual of Medicine is one of the most popular and heavily used handbook-sized resources in internal medicine. The Harrison’s Self-Assessment and Board Review features more than 1000 board-type cases and questions and highlights the use of Harrison’s as a great board prep resouce.
About the Author(s):
Anthony S. Fauci, MD, National Institute of Health, Betheseda, MD.
Dennis L. Kasper, MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
Eugene Braunwald, MD, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA.
Stephen L. Hauser, MD, University of California, San Francisco, CA.
Dan L. Longo, MD, National Institute of Health, Betheseda, MD.
J. Larry Jameson, MD, PhD, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
Joseph Loscalzo, MD, PhD, Harvard Medical School , Boston, MA.