Active Physics Third Edition, a core project-based curriculum that has strong content that addresses all state Standards. It also includes Active Physics Plus for those students who want a bit more of a stretch than everybody else. You’ll be surprised by how many students step up to the challenge. That’s why Active Physics Third Edition, is Physics For All.
For Students, Active Physics Third Edition:
• engages students through real-world challenges and projects that require physics knowledge coupled with student creativity. Students engage in inquiry from start to finish.
• has students observe and explore before building models and explanations for phenomena. They aren’t physics students, they are student physicists.
• prepares students for the 21st century and workforce readiness through: sustained STEM activities, sustained collaboration, sustained communicating of plans and ideas, sustained development of explanations, sustained critical thinking, sustained collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, sustained observing and interpreting, sustained use of evidence to support claims. The result— lasting knowledge and skills through sustained inquiry.
For Teachers, Active Physics Third Edition:
• values what we, as teachers, value—inquiry-based learning supported by research on how people learn, how students are motivated and how to best assess learning.
• helps us to elicit students’ prior understandings and provides a pathway to guide students to higher achievement.
• has everything we need as teachers including: labs as part of the instructional model, physics explanations emerging from the evidence, assessments to find out what students know, differentiated instruction to ensure success for all students. And, it’s all in one place so that you never have to search to gather resources.
As you know, these aren’t just Arthur Eisenkraft’s Standards—they are the Standards that we have all adopted. They are Standards that can provide Physics For All.