Working with the sound thinking skills children already display as part of their learning, this book takes a practical approach to getting the best out of them. It presents an approach for classroom practice that will encourage children to build on the often quite sophisticated thinking skills they already have and offers many practical suggestions and examples for lessons and activities.
The following is included:
* Advice on classroom organization
* Suggestions for group work
* Ways to use thinking skills in the various subject areas
* How to build on the thinking skills children of all abilities display
* Teaching techniques to promote thinking skills in the classroom
Each chapter ends with a summary of key points for action and practical tasks and examples are provided throughout the book. There is a selection of photocopiable material.