The Penguin Readers Teacher’s Guide to Using Bestsellers offers teachers practical advice on how to get the most from the top 20 bestselling Penguin Readers both in the classroom and in the school library. The guide offers general advice on how to exploit the wealth of material available in the Readers and specific suggestions for exploiting the 20 titles in the list.
It contains 12 photocopiable Student’s Worksheets which can be used with these and other Readers in the Penguin series.
This Guide describes:
● the top 20 bestselling Penguin Readers and what they are about
● why these books are so popular
● how to make use of the titles on the list as class Readers and in a library system
● how to use graded Readers for language practice as well as extensive reading
● how to use graded Readers as a basis for project work
● a possible scheme of work for six lessons built around a Penguin Reader