Careers in writing are tremendously rewarding; it is also a field with diverse opportunities. In order to decide what job route is best for you, you need to begin with a clear plan: What kind of writing will you specialize in? Will an advanced degree promote your career? How will you find the right place for you?
Careers in Writing has the answers. Here, you’ll discover all the information you need to find a satisfying and secure job doing what you love. Whether you want to work at a newspaper, go it alone as a freelance writer, or become an author, this guide will help you:
* Clearly understand your various career options
* Key in on the specialty most suited for you—from journalism to fiction writing to screenwriting
* Know what to expect when you start out
* Find the education and training you’ll need to stay ahead of the competition
* Familiarize yourself with current salaries, benefits, and the best job prospects