Business options is a book of Business English. It is mostly suitable for upper-intermediate or advanced learners. Business Options is an upper-intermediate level course for professional people from all areas of business. It follows the communicative, functional approach which is a hallmark of Oxford business courses, and extends this with development of business skills appropriate to the needs of upper-intermediate students. The course is structured around fourteen theme-based units such as Performance and Trade, which focus on real business situations, both formally inside the workplace and informally on social occasions. A strong feature of the material is its attention to social and cultural awareness, often the most difficult area for students at this level. Key features of the course:
- emphasis on development of social skills in a cross-cultural environment
- each unit is discrete so units can be used in any order
- speech production tasks featured to help students learn how to sound confident and thus communicate more effectively
- each unit includes a meeting on the unit theme, which can be formal or informal as appropriate
- Table talk section as a feature of each unit, to encourage students to develop conversational skills outside their normal area of work
- cassettes include improvised listening passages to build confidence in. listening to the features of natural, unscripted speech
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!