Intermediate Vocabulary is designed to teach, test and practise the vacabulary of EFL students at a level leading up to the Cambridge First Certificate examination. It covers a wide range of topics and consists of a variety of enjoyable exercises. Over 2000 lexical items are introduced through techniques which include gap filling, matching, word formation and word building exercises.
Intermediate Vocabulary can be used both in the classroom and by learners studying independently.
- dictionary practice
- 26 unite on topics including travel, education, industry and music; eight pages of mini topics in areas such as emotions and occupations
- gap filling and matching exercises on related word groups such as sounds, body movements clothes
- practice in word-building and word formation
- specialised vocabulary such as formal words, abbreviations, colloquial words and slang
- gap-filling exercises on problem paris
- word gamesOther levels:Elementary Vocabulary Advanced Vocabulaty and Idiom