Designed for all those who support older children and young adults with speech and language difficulties, this resource provides ideas, practical strategies and detailed information about the speech, language and communication needs (SLCN) of older students.
Included in the book are the following:
- clear explanations of the difficulties you might see students experiencing
- practical strategies to use when working with individuals, and small groups of students
- advice on how to adapt the curriculum to suit students' individual needs
- case studies illustrating common areas of difficulty
- guidance on how to plan for effective multi-disciplinary working
- a CD-Rom containing lots of useful photocopiables, and training materials
Both authors have over 20 years experience of delivering courses to teachers, Special Needs Co-ordinators (SENCOs) and Specialist Outreach teachers in different local authorities, further education colleges and university departments.
Kate Ripley is an Educational Psychologist, trainer and national and international conference speaker on themes related to speech, language and communication needs. Jenny Barrett is a Speech and Language Therapist with internationally recognised expertise in her field, who now works as a freelance consultant.