Dictionary of Contemporary English 5th Edition DVD-rom
|Published by: nguyenhuy (Karma: 6.15) on 3 January 2010 | Views: 2138|
Fully updated for 2009, and with a brand-new, user-friendly design, this edition is full of exciting new features to help learners become fluent in English, including cutting-edge software to build vocabulary faster.
The Dictionary of Contemporary English provides the ultimate active learning tool – and is now available in a format to suit everyone. Whether in print, on DVD-ROM, online or via a PDA or mobile phone, you can access the best language support whenever and wherever you want – simply no other learners’ dictionary compares.
* 230,000 words, phrases and meanings – more than any other advanced learner’s dictionary
* Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words.
* Over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words an additional 30,000 on the DVD-ROM.
* Over 65,000 collocations an additional 82,000 on the DVD-ROM.
* The top 3,000 most frequent words in spoken and written English are highlighted to show which are the most important to know.
* NEW Integrated Collocations Dictionary. Over 65,000 collocations will improve students’ fluency.
* NEW Integrated Thesaurus. Over 18,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words will improve vocabulary range.
* NEW Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English.
* Academic Word List highlighted.
* Grammar and warning notes ensure that students avoid common errors.
* NEW text design ensures students can find information fast.
The Vocabulary Trainer tests your knowledge of a word – its meaning, grammar, collocation and usage – then remembers how well you know that word. The word is then recycled and retested at different intervals so the word is never forgotten!
You can download the Longman Vocabulary Trainer to your mobile phone to make the most of learning on the go!
http://englishtips.org/index.php?newsid=1150820037Dear user! Your publication has been rejected as it seems to be a duplicate of another publication that already exists on Englishtips. Please make sure you always check BEFORE submitting your publication. If you only have an alternative link for an existing publication, please add it using the special field for alternative links in that publication.
|Tags: English, Diction, ndash, Contemp, DVDROM, Dictionary, Contemporary, online, build, software, cuttingedge