The School Dictionary
|Published by: pafnuty (Karma: 71.45) on 13 November 2009 | Views: 2112|
The School Dictionary is completely relevant to the needs of young people who are studying a wide range of subjects through the medium of English and preparing for school examinations. It explains - clearly and accurately - the vocabulary needed for successful study in any of the key school subjects.
At every stage, experienced teachers, textbook writers, and syllabus designers have contributed their expertise, giving us a clear idea of what the dictionary's users really need to know. In addition, we have used state-of-the-art software to analyse the corpora, so that we have a reliable scientific basis for selecting the words to include in the dictionary and for deciding how much information is needed about each word.
- Curriculum words in the dictionary are clearly identified in red using one of twenty subject labels (see panel for a list of these labels). Click here to view a sample from part of a dictionary page.
- Over 100 pictures and diagrams throughout the dictionary illustrate everything from flora and fauna to natural or scientific processes.
- Over 20 full-page illustrations, many in two colours, present and reinforce topic vocabulary. Click here to see a full-page illustration.
- The Study Skills section provide extra tips for school work and includes information on:
- Dealing with Data
- Experiments and Projects
- Capital Letters and Punctuation
- Composition Skills
- Information and Communication Technology
- Revision and Examination Skills
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!
Not working CD-ROM
Blackholed for now to avoid unnecessary downloading
|Tags: school, subjects, School, clearly, explains, study, successful