Author: Donald H. Menzel, 1960
A comprehensive reference book on the fundamental formulas of mathematical physics. It covers statistics, nomograms, physical constants, classical mechanics, special and general theories of relativity, hydro- and aerodynamics, boundary value problems in mathematical physics, heat and thermodynamics, statistical mechanics, kinetic theory of gases, viscosity, thermal conductions, electromagnetism, and much more. Also deals with certain cross-field disciplines where physics touches upon chemistry, astronomy, meteorology, biology, and electronics.
A great resource for any hard-core science cirriculum. This book may not be a page-turner for some; however, it does provide invaluable information and is an easy to understand compliment to most physics classes.
The book is bookmarked.
(1) Basic Mathematical Formulas (2) Statistics (3) Nomograms
(4) Physical Constants (5) Classical Mechanics (6) Special Theory of Relatetivity (7) The General Theory of Relatetivity
(8) Hydrodynamics and Aerodynamics (9) Boundary Value Problems in Mathematical Physics
(10) Heat and Thermodynamics (11) Statistics Mechanics
(12) Kinetic Theory of Gases: Viscosity, Thermal Conduction, and diffusion
(13) Electromagnetic Theory (14) Electronics (15) Sound and Acoustics
(16) Geometrical Optics (17) Physical Optics (18) Electron Optics
(19) Atomic Spectra (20) Molecular Spectra (21) Quantum Mechanics
(22) Nuclear Theory (23) Cosmic Rays and High-Energy Phenomena
(24) Particle Accelerators (25) Solid State (26) The Theory of Magnetism
(27) Physical Chemistry (28) Basic Formulas of Astrophysics
(29) Celestial Mechanics (30) Meteorology (31) Biophysics
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!