Let Frommer’s show you how to experience the best of the nation’s capital while keeping your budget balanced with Frommer’s Washington, D.C., from $80 a Day. Meticulously researched by our expert author, a longtime resident, it’s packed with tips that will help you save money and have you navigating the city like a pro in no time.
You’ll rely on our candid, in-depth reviews of inviting and affordable places to stay, from spacious family suites to quaint B&Bs. We’ve got cheap eats galore, from fabulous ethnic restaurants and neighborhood bistros to good-value choices near all the major sights.
Frommer’s will show you how to explore the halls of power and watch your government at work. We’ll take you to all the monuments and memorials, historic sites, and world-class museums, and we’ll show you great things to do for free (or almost), including outdoor concerts, discounts on theater tickets, spectacular parks and gardens, and much more. We’ll help you keep the kids
entertained, take you on memorable side trips to side trips to Mount Vernon and Alexandria, and show you how to save money on everything from airfares to riding the Metro.
From the Back Cover
"Written in the spirit of discovery, as Frommer’s guides always have been, and it bears the time-tested pedigree."
Frommer’s Dollar-A-Day guides show you how to travel in style--without breaking the bank. You’ll find inexpensive accommodations that don’t skimp on comfort. Affordable restaurants where locals go for a good meal. And all the best sightseeing and shopping values. Frommer’s Dollar-A-Day guidebooks. First-class travel on a budget.
Everything You Need for an Unforgettable--and Affordable--Trip!
- Inviting places to stay, from family-friendly Capitol Hill hotels to historic inns near Dupont Circle--with advice on landing the best weekend packages.
- Great dining at unbelievably low prices, from romantic bistros to ethnic gems.
- A complete sightseeing guide, with tips on what to see and do for free: White House and FBI tours, the presidential memorials, the Smithsonian museums, the National Zoo, and more.
- Low-cost nightlife, from theater discounts at the Kennedy Center to free concerts on the Mall.
- Detailed, accurate two-color city and transit maps.
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!
Approved by Maria