- The student-friendly text and a variety of Reading Strategies help students
build their understanding and critical-thinking skills.
- A Study Guide at the end of each chapter reviews key concepts and vocabulary
and suggests ways students can use their Foldables to study.
- Vivid, full-color imagery from National Geographic makes science topics
- Design Your Own Labs encourage students to work and think like scientists.
They form hypotheses, manipulate variables, and collect data as they learn
scientific methods and processes.
- Standardized Test Practice helps students succeed on standardized tests. Two
pages of test-taking tips and practice questions in each chapter prepare
students for every type of assessment.
UNIT 1 Life’s Structure
UNIT 2 From Bacteria to Plants
UNIT 3 Animal Diversity
UNIT 4 Human Body Systems
UNIT 5 Ecology