Developing English Competencies for Grade XII of Natural and Social Science
Programmes comprises 5 chapters and 2 reviews. Each chapter consists four language
skills, i.e. Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
Below are the characteristics featured in Developing English Competencies for Grade
XII of Natural and Social Science Programmes.
1. Title introduces the theme of the chapter.
2. Chapter Photo represents the theme of the chapter.
3. In This Chapter gives a concise summary of language functions and themes
that will be learned in the chapter.
4. Text presents a genre related to the theme of the chapter.
5. Genre Structure shows you the generic structure of related genre.
6. Grammar Review focuses on a grammar structure in texts of a certain genre.
7. Dialogue presents natural language set in authentic situations you can relate to.
8. What to Say provides a number of expressions that you can use in certain
9. Pronunciation Practice provides list of words to be pronounced and practiced
several times until you can pronounce them correctly.
10. Englishclub.com gives some information from the Internet and encouraging
you to know more.
11. New Horizon features extra information related to the theme.
12. Your Project encourages you to perform a project to enhance your lifeskill.
13. UN Shot provides some exercises taken from Ujian Nasional materials.
14. Chapter Summary summarises the learning material learned in each chapter.
15. Learning Reflection presents what you have learned and what you are
expected to be able to.
16. Review provides a number of exercises from the previous chapters.
17. Glossary provides a list of terms and words from the learning materials in
18. Index provides a list of subject and names (authors) in alphabetical order.
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!