North American Idioms
North American Idioms CD is an independent, interactive multi - media resource for English language learners who like to participate in natural colloquial North American English and who are interested in North American customs and culture.
Intermediate level English language learners will be able to practice using idioms in common real-life situations to imrove their understanding of specific idioms in various contexts.
- video dialogues - additional audio scripts
- clickable idioms
- text and audio definitions
- engaging interactive learning activities - visual illustrations of certain idioms
North American Idioms CD will help you:
- increase awareness of North American cultural values and attitudes through contextual uses; - recognize and produce frequently used idioms;
- distinguish between literal and idiomatic meanings;
- understand and apply specific idioms;
- observe and listen to video clips of young people in common situations;
- practice idioms with stimulating activities and receive immediate feedback to monitor your progress;
- use North American Idioms in the classroom, a language lab, or at home; - work at your own pace.