New Scientist is a weekly international science magazine and website covering recent developments in science and technology for a general English-speaking audience. Founded in 1956, it is published by Reed Business Information Ltd, a subsidiary of Reed Elsevier. New Scientist has maintained a website since 1996, publishing daily news. As well as covering current events and news from the scientific community, the magazine often features speculative articles, ranging from the technical to the philosophical
Some features of the issue:
- The value of asking 'What if?'
- Time for teachers to take another look at neuroscience
- BP's head of safety admits human error over oil spill
- Hawaii will face more frequent cyclones
- Is this the start of the element wars?
- Why the Stuxnet worm is like nothing seen before
- Artificial fertility treatments create a sex bias
... and many other interesting and useful things you should know about the World around you