Talk a Lot is a great new way to learn spoken English, and quite a departure from the standard ELT course book. Instead of spending hours reading and writing, students havethe opportunity to engage in challenging and fun speaking and listening activities with their friends.
• Complete 12-week spoken English course
• All materials, instructions and answers are included
• Brand new and unique learning method
• Learn and recall questions, answers and negatives using 8 common verb forms
• Learn 400+ essential vocabulary words
• 100% photocopiable
On this course students learn how to think in English as well as Talk a Lot!
The Talk a Lot course objectives are very simple:
• Every student talking in English
• Every student listening to and understanding English
• Every student thinking in English, and
• Every student taking part in class
Talk a Lot is structured so that every student can practise and improve English grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, intonation, word and sentence stress, and interpersonal skills, by working in pairs, groups and one to one with the teacher.
The main benefits of Talk a Lot are:
• Students have to think in English during lessons in a controlled and focused way
• Students learn how to memorise correct English structures naturally, without abstract and unrelated grammar lessons
• Students learn how to construct eight different common verb forms, using positive, negative and question forms, as well as embedded grammar appropriate to their level. The verb forms studied are: Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple, Past Continuous, Present Perfect, Modal Verbs, Future Forms, and First Conditional
• Students learn 400+ essential vocabulary words by heart
• Students enjoy following a simple and effective method that produces results quickly
The ten lesson topics studied in Talk a Lot Elementary Book 1 are: Town, Food, Shopping, Health, Transport, Clothes, Work, Family, Home, and Free Time.
The ten lesson topics studies in Talk a Lot Elementary Book 2 are: Crime, Sport, Music, Weather, Animals, Cars, The Human Body, Colours and Numbers, Life Events and Nature.