Advanced Learner's Dictionary
|Published by: sam001 (Karma: 39.51) on 20 November 2009 | Views: 3136|
Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Installing Advanced Learner’s Dictionary 3rd Edition
To use Advanced Learner’s Dictionary–3rd Edition (CALD3) with a PC, you must have:
· 350 MHz processor or faster (800 MHz processor recommended)
· Windows® 2000, XP or Vista
· Super VGA 16-bit colour, 800 x 600 resolution
· CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
· 300 MB free hard disk space (900 MB free hard disk space recommended)
· 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended)
· Adobe® Reader® 7 or 8
· sound card with speakers or headphones
· a mouse or other pointing device
· a microphone if you wish to record yourself speaking.
To install CALD3 on a PC
To install CALD3 on your computer, complete these steps:
1. Turn on your computer.
2. Insert the CD in your CD-ROM drive. Follow the instructions on your screen as CALD3 installs automatically.
You must be allowed to install software on your computer, i.e., have Administrator privileges.
If CALD3 does not install automatically, complete these steps:
i. (Windows Vista) Click the START button, then click COMPUTER.
(Windows 2000 and XP) Double click on MY COMPUTER.
ii. Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose EXPLORE to view the *******s of theCD.
iii. Double-click on the file ‘setup.exe’ and follow the instructions.
How to upgrade to QUICKfind version 1.1
To use the QUICKfind feature of the dictionary with Windows® Vista® and Internet Explorer® 7, you must have the latest version of QUICKfind (version 1.1), which is included on your CD-ROM. If you have an earlier version of QUICKfind on your computer, and you chose not to upgrade it when you originally installed CALD3, you must uninstall it and install QUICKfind version 1.1 manually by following the instructions below
To uninstall an old version of QUICKfind:
1. Make sure CALD3 is closed.
2. Uninstall the old version of QUICKfind using the Control Panel.
(Windows Vista and XP) Click and hold the Start button, then click Control Panel.
(Windows 2000) Click and hold the START button, point to Settings, then click Control Panel.
The Control Panel opens.
3. (Windows Vista) Click Uninstall a Program.
(Windows 2000 and XP) Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
The dialog box opens.
4. Click QUICKfind to highlight it.
5. (Windows Vista) Click Uninstall/Change.
(Windows 2000 and XP) Click Change/Remove.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions. You must uninstall QUICKfind completely by choosing 'Yes' when asked if you want to uninstall QUICKfind files which may be shared with other applications.
7. Restart your computer. (This step must not be omitted.)
To install QUICKfind version 1.1 from your CALD3 CD-ROM:
1. Insert the CALD3 CD-ROM into your CD/DVD drive and click 'No' when asked to run the dictionary or uninstall it.
2. (Window Vista) Click the Start button, then click Computer.
(Windows 2000 and XP) Double-click My Computer.
3. Right click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Explore to view the **s of the CD-ROM.
4. Double click on the folder called QUICKfind to open it.
5. Click the file called 'qf_setup.exe' and follow the instructions
download New 2012
Dear User, your publication has been rejected because WE DO NOT ACCEPT THIS SORT OF MATERIALS at englishtips.org. Please see our rules here: http://englishtips.org/rules_for_publishing.html. Thank you
|Tags: middot, Advanced, Edition, space, Dictionary, Learners, ltdle_leech_beginhttpenglishtips, rules, _for_publishingltdle_leech_end, Requirements, Learner, System