The Grammar Handbook I is designed to follow The Phonics Handbook, It is intended to:
• introduce the rudiments of grammar,
• teach spelling systematically.
• improve vocabulary* and comprehension,
• reinforce the teaching in The Phonics Handbook, and
• extend the children's phonic knowledge.
The teaching is multisensory, active, and progresses at a challenging pace. It is especially suitable for young children. Each part of speech, for example, is taught with its own action and colour. The actions enliven the teaching* and make the learning easier The colours, which are useful for identifying parts of speech in sentences, match those used by Montessori Schools. Like The Phonics Handbook, The Grammar Handbook I provides all the essential teaching ideas. It can be used alone, or with the valuable support of the Jolly Grammar Hig Hook L