Comprehensive Glossary of Telecom Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Contains over 16,000 abbreviations
- Demystifies acronyms from all fields of sciences related to telecommunications
- Presents its compilation of glossary information based on standard rules specified in the preface of the book
- Provides the branch of science each abbreviation is used for marked in brackets in front of the entry
- Shows clearly each character an abbreviation stands for in relation to a particular word
Featuring over 16,000 abbreviation entries, the Comprehensive Glossary of Telecom Abbreviations and Acronyms covers various fields including telecommunications, satellite communications, remote sensing, marine communications, radar and military communications, cellular networks, specialized mobile radio, avionics, electronics, radio and television broadcasting, information and communications technology, fiber optics communications and much more. This reference also includes abbreviations used in standardization organizations (such as ITU, ISO, IEEE, and ETSI) as well as abbreviations of new technologies. For each entry, all possible relevant phrases which stand for that entry are provided and the related branches of science are specified.