An immensely popular course, fully updated to meet the requirements of the FCE exam. It can be used as a thorough preparation course for the revised First Certificate exam. To tell you the truth I love using it because of the workbook’s excellent taskmaterial and the great listening tasks.
Student's book is from a photocopy, but quite OK quality.
It has 20 motivating, theme-based units and very clear format for ease of use. Exam preparation is dealt with progressively, starting with simpler versions of the tasks to build confidence. It concentrates on thorough development of all four skills. Rule-finding approach to grammar, cross-referenced to a comprehensive Grammar Summary at the back of the book. Includes substantial vocabulary work and rigorous writing syllabus with models and practice for different task types. Extensive training for the full range of speaking tasks in Paper 5.
The books in separate files
(No zshare from me for the taperips, sorry, these are way too big, stopped again all the time)
Zshare-mirror for the books:
- detailed description of the exam
- twenty theme-based units, providing progressive exam preparation and balanced skills coverage
- unique Focus sections in each unit providing integrated coverage of all five papers
- Grammar Summary at the back of the book
- revision and extension exercises at the end of each unit
twenty units related to the themes in the Student's Book
over 90 pages of extra exam practice material and grammar and vocabulary work
regular progress tests
detailed teaching notes
full answer key
suggestions for preparing and extending the material
revision tests for each unit
- two cassettes, reflecting the higher profile of Paper 4, giving practice in all exam formats
- a wide variety of text types and regional accents