Dictionary 4th Edition CD-ROM
Packaged right inside the text, Stedman's Concise CD-ROM incorporates:
- All the terms and definitions of the print edition
- An easy to use interface
- A quick and powerful search engine
- Anatomical animations and images
* Hardcover: 2199 pages
* Publisher: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 28th B/Cdr edition (December 14, 2005)
* Language: English
* ISBN: 0781733901
* Format: 2CD .nrg
* Size: 0.97 GB (10 X 93.8 MB, 1 X 65.2 MB)
Dictionary, 28th Edition, is the most reliable, must-have resource available for healthcare professionals. The 28th Edition contains more than 107,000 total terms, with more than 5,000 new to this edition. Furthermore, this edition has been thoroughly reviewed and updated by consultants from all the major medical and health science specialities including Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, and Rheumatology.
New to this edition!
* More than 1500 images and illustrations (most in full color) - including an enhanced 40-page Anatomy atlas in full color!
* Precision Cut Thumb Tabs - enables quick A-Z reference.
* More than 15 new quick-reference appendices - covering such areas as cancer classification systems, body mass and body surface calculations, and common abbreviations to use and not use in medication orders.
* Includes Usage Notes - Long a feature of general dictionaries, the 28th Edition of Stedman’s Medical
Dictionary is the first full-scale medical
dictionary published in English to contain an extensive system of notes alerting readers to common errors of sense, spelling, and pronunciation, including confusion between words of similar form and meaning.
The 28th Edition also retains the many popular features of previous editions including:
* Full color inserts with hundreds of images
* Official Terminologia Anatomica - Latin and English anatomical terms for the specialties of Gross Anatomy and Neuroanatomy
* High Profile Terms - Highlights terms with broad significance to the practice of medicine and to the world
And now with a NEW BONUS CD-ROM including:
* Stedman’s Plus Spellchecker, which includes nearly a half-a-million medical, pharmaceutical, and bioscience terms from more than 60 specialties, and more than 22,000 trade and generic drug names drawn from Facts & Comparisons®.
* More than 300 LifeART® medical clipart 4-color images that can add eye-catching and educational enhancements to your print, slide, multimedia, and digital products. Windows and MAC compatible.
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!