PTE Young Learners is design
ed to be interesting and fun for children and aims to make first experiences of learning English memorable and motivating.
There are four levels:
The test is created around the everyday adventures of the Brown Family.
Children are tested on their ability to use structures and functions in realistic contexts and, later on in the series, on their ability to use language to carry out specific communicative tasks.
Who is this test for?
This test is designed to motivate and reward young learners who have achieved a basic level of English and who are in advance of Springboard. The aim is primarily to test the learners’ ability to use the language communicatively rather than to test their knowledge of the language system.
How is this test structured?
The Quickmarch test consists of a one-hour paper, which tests Listening, Reading and Writing. The tasks in the tests feature the Brown family and include some of the following topics:
- Spare time
- The Body and People’s Appearance
The children will listen to two passages and will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Listen to a conversation and put a cross (X) in the box under the correct picture for each answer.
- Listen to a conversation and write a short answer to the questions.
Reading and Writing Tasks
Test takers will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Read a short conversation and write in the missing questions.
- Matching pictures and text by drawing a line between the picture and the appropriate text for that picture.
- Put in the missing verbs in a short text by choosing the appropriate verb from a list and putting it into the past tense.
- Write short responses to given prompts.
The children will be tested in class by an external assessor. They will be asked to participate in a board game and an individual activity.
There are Past Papers for
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch November 2009
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch 2006 session 3
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch 2006 session 2
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch 2006 session 1
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch 2005 session 2
PTE Young Learners Quickmarch 2005 session 1