Praise for the first edition of Creating Writers: 'I'm extremely impressed by Creating Writers and I refer to it and recommend it during school visits and talks. It really explores its subject, and offers an important, beautifully researched and well-expressed alternative to shallow, quick-fix approaches to creative writing.' - David Almond, Author of Skellig
Are you looking for a range of inspiring creative writing workshop activities?
Would you like practical writing tips and advice from professional children’s authors?
Creating Writers is a practical writing manual for KS2 and KS3 teachers. Covering all strands of the English curriculum – poetry, fiction and non-fiction writing – this unique book includes:
- original interviews from professional, popular and award winning writers and poets about how they work
- photocopiable writing workshop activities to use in the classroom
- examples of poetry, fiction and non-fiction writing to inspire your pupils
- advice on writing in different genres and forms
- full exploration of the inherent elements of poetry (image, rhythm, rhyme), fiction (narration, plot, characterisation) and non-fiction (structure, media, audience).
Now revised and updated, this unique and critically-acclaimed book contains a wealth of in-depth, invaluable advice and insight into the writing process from a wide range of award-winning contemporary children’s authors, including: Michael Morpurgo, David Almond, Philip Pullman, Benjamin Zephaniah, Jacqueline Wilson, Roger McGough, Malorie Blackman, John Foster, Nick Arnold, Gillian Cross, Berlie Doherty and many more.
Ideal for teachers that want to encourage and enthuse children to write, and valuable to students on initial teacher training courses, this book covers the writing process from start to finish in a way which is informative, innovative and fun.