The "Encyclopedia of Tourism" is a definitive reference source, comprising over a thousand entries, written by a truly international team of more than three hundred contributors. It provides a comprehensive guide to the wide range of basic definitions, concepts, perspectives and institutions.
* General issues and concepts specific to tourism: accommodation, consumerism, gambl ing, globalization, policy, seasonality
* Definition of key terms and acronyms: ecoresort, professional native, room nights
* Significant institutions, associations and journals: Caribbean Tourism Organization, Centre des Hautes Etudes Touristiques, WTO, Journal of Leisure Research, Journal of Tourism Studies
* Country specific tourism profiles: Greece, Hungary, Japan, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, Singapore, South Africa
* Trends and patterns of tourism development and growth: community development, demography, ecologically sustainable tourism, forecasting, zoning
* Tourism as an industry with many businesses: adventure tourism, business travel, convention bureaux, hospitality, marketing, public relations