Five in a Row
Volumes Before, 1, 2 and 3:
These lessons plans are simple in concept but rich in results.
Read the chosen book in its entirety each day for at least a week. After each reading, choose an exercise to share with your student, and watch their world expand as you begin to show them facets of the story they would never recognized without your purposeful guidance. Five in a Row Cookbook
There were several key objectives in developing this project:
1. Helping children experience a wide range of cuisines.
2. Helping children enjoy the wonderful family times of cooking together with Mom in the kitchen.
3. Teaching simple principles for kitchen safety and technique through the pleasure of family cooking.
4. Helping children learn about table manners, proper table settings, etc.
5. Facilitating the sheer pleasure of cooking as a family as you explore a wide variety of tastes and cultures.
We wanted this to be a very "interactive' experience for your children-not just a cookbook like the others on the shelf. As you can tell, each of the recipe groups was inspired by one of the stories explored in Five in a Row lessons.
Not registered yet? We'll like you more if you do!