Mergers and acquisitions (M&As) are a vital business tool and a successful growth and expansion strategy for many large and mid-sized companies. That's why in today's complex world of M&As, executives need a reliable and easy-to-use guide to help them maximize the financial and operational value of the deal for their company by minimizing costs and avoiding potentially fatal mistakes.
Mergers and Acquisitions Basics is a complete resource packed with all the information busy executives need on:
- The nuts and bolts of M&As and the processes involved
- Basic guidelines and lessons for going through M&As for the first time
- Key events, processes, and issues that a buyer or seller must consider
- And much more!
Mergers and Acquisitions Basics provides a thorough primer and overview of the key steps and common features of strategic transactions. It offers a useful balance of detailed and user-friendly coverage that isn't afraid to have fun with a serious and complex topic. Beginning investment bankers, lawyers, and consultants can use it to develop a foundation for understanding deals before exploring a deeper expertise and specialty. Business executives and managers will find a one-stop, easy-to-read guide to help them navigate deals and understand their role in the process.
Written by a veteran executive with experience working with such leading companies as General Electric, VeriSign, General Motors, and UPS, Mergers and Acquisitions Basics explains the ins and outs of strategic transactions, as well as:
- Why a company should buy or sell
- Who the major players are and what roles they play
- What the key steps are to getting a deal done
- Where to find the most common mistakes and failures in strategic transactions
Complete with an appendix of real-world checklists, forms, and sample reports and presentations, Mergers and Acquisitions Basics is a must-have tool for CEOs, CFOs, finance executives, and other business leaders involved in strategic transactions.