I wrote a letter to you two weeks ago. Now we have a kind of results.
1) We have realized once more you are an amazing community. It was a pleasure to see so many users helping ET after my letter. Thanks a lot to everyone who provides a mirror after downloading, reuploads dead posts and creates new ones. We hope you will find some time for ET in future as well.
2) We have some changes in the site crew. If you have any questions you can address them to our trusted contributors badaboom and maximadman or to me.
3) We are glad to inform you about a big ET assistant team. The users monicablt , didexit , serzt , Tsarapka, snwwte , Ptenez, lorika ,amgamg, elefanta were recently promoted. Thanks them for supporting ET.
Any user can join this team by being helpful and active on ET.
4) We have received a lot of questions and complaints about dead links. I know it is terrible to search for the book, find it finally and get dead links…. That is a common situation on net now. It is not ET fault. We are working hard to solve the problem and provide working links for you.
If the links in the MIRRORS are not working, leave a comment and check later, please
For your convenience we leave the green notes about the comments checking progress above the chat. Be patient, please.
But I must say again we need your help in this. If you download the file, provide a mirror, please, in order to keep the post alive. It is not so complicated as someone might think.
- Upload the file and get a link
- Scroll down the page and see a button above the field for the new comment
- Add the link and notes about the file and get points to your karma J
5) Some users still ask us how to help, how to get karma etc.
There are several ways how you can help
- if you download the file provide a mirror
- you can go through the comments Perhaps you can help someone The link is under red navigation button or in the tag above the chat
- you can upload something as a new post
- reupload needed category is for searching. We tried to find but in vain. We hope someone, who downloaded it before, can help
6) We are working on making the site user friendly
We have a good news for those Russian speakers, who don’t have high level of English.
Translation of HELP SECTION is coming :) . Thanks to everyone who agreed to spend his time and translate it in Russian.
7) We realize some users wishes and create an opportunity to hide the nick in your new posts. Just find the option when you make a new post.
Thanks to everyone who supports ET in any way
Long life ET !