1. Englishtips clock This can be seen in the top right corner, I am sure you have noticed it already :) It displays the so-called 'Englishtips time' - it will be useful for arranging chat meetings, making announcements about the deadlines for something, as well as for maintenance on/off periods.
2. Englishtips Tour removed We have removed the Englishtips Tour (step-by-step intro explaining site's features, that was previously located in the bottom right of the English version). One of our Trusted Contributors, Pumukl, has developed an amazing HELP section in the forum, which answers all possible usability questions and gives explanations of every site's feature. It has been informally referred to as 'Pumuklopedia', and I like this name very much :) If you haven't been there yet - visit it now, I am sure any user will benefit from checking it.
3. English forum got a new name The English section of the forum has been renamed to 'English Lounge' to make it visually different from the Requests section, as many new users were posting requests in the wrong section.
4. Download Agreement The text of the Download agreement is now displayed in EVERY publication of the site - even in those that do not have the 'I AGREE' button.
5. Spoilers You may have already seen this feature at some other websites. Well, now we got it, too! :) From now on you'll notice that when there is too much text, we have started hiding it in the collapsible box - you need to click it to view the contents. Saves space and looks good, too! This whole text is actually an example of a spoiler.
6. Numbers Now the Navigation bar on the left displays the number of publications each category contains. Even more - you can also see tiny '+' and '-' signs, which indicate that some new stuff has been added or removed to that category today. This feature is reset at 24:00 Englishtips time daily, and all publications added/removed after that time are considered 'new'.
7. Public Bookmarks If you go to anybody's profile now, you'll see a new feature there, which is called 'View all bookmarks' - you can actually see what Englishtips publications this user has bookmarked as 'Favorites'! Please remember, that other users can view YOUR bookmarks, too, If you're worried about privacy and have something to hide in your favourite publications, you can easily switch this feature off by clicking 'Options' in your profile and unchecking the box ' Share my bookmarks with other users?'
8. Gender Another feature added to your profile (click 'Options' to see it) - Your gender. We encourage you to indicate whether you're a man or a woman, so that other users know this :) If you prefer to stay 'neutral' - it's up to you, you don't have to do this at all! :)
You are welcome to give your thoughts about these new features in the comments below.