You feel like you’ve done something before...even as you do it for the very first time.
You engage in a conversation and suddenly realize you’ve spoken those same words before...to the very same person. Yet you’re positive it’s the first time you’ve ever met.
Deja vu is the eerie sensation of “remembering” an experience or situation that never occurred. Scientific research into deja vu has revealed intriguing theories, ranging from short-term memory misfires to neurophysiological disorders. Yet other theories suggest more paranormal causes for deja vu, such as glimpses into parallel realities. Perhaps the true explanation lies somewhere in between.
But deja vu is only one of the many mysteries of the mind. The Deja vu Enigma also explores:
* Memory lapses, missing time, and fugue states.
* The brain as both receiver and transmitter of reality.
* Altered states of perception and consciousness, from hallucinations to religious visions.
* Contagious thought, curses, demonic possession, and mass hysteria.
* Dream states, lucid dreaming, and precognitive dreams.
* The Grid and parallel universes as travel routes for mind trips, brain flips, and time slips.
Come journey through a world as vast and uncharted as the Cosmos. A journey through