Tongue Twisters, Limericks and Humorous Verse
|Published by: littlecrabpig (Karma: 226.88) on 13 February 2011 | Views: 7479|
Tongue twisting, tickling, chuckling, giggling, sniggering, side-splitting verse.
Genre Range for ages 5-11:
- Provides exciting and engaging texts from all the fiction genres children need to experience and understand.
- Offers rich opportunities for speaking and listening through playscripts and poetry ranging from classics to contemporary.
- Provides easily manageable drama for study and performance in the classroom and an introduction to Shakespeare in Key Stage 2.
- Especially motivates and supports reluctant readers through accessible, visual genres such as comic strips and Access texts for ages 9-11.
- Provides varied models for writing for comparison, discussion and practice with letters and diaries providing particularly supportive examples of written communication.
- Simple integration of assessment for learning into class teaching is provided in the Teaching Notes which ensure children’s reading and writing skills progress at word, sentence and text level.
- Accessible Teaching Notes and Activity sheets ensure teachers, teaching assistants and parents are all able to contribute to teaching and learning.
Dear user! You need to be registered and logged in to fully enjoy Englishtips.org. We recommend registering
or logging in
|Tags: Tongue, Range, Twisters, Limericks, Verse, Humorous