Charles Dickens' historial saga is part of the Classic Readers series. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read about the astute but self-indulgent English barrister Sydney Carton, the virtuous French aristocrat Charles Darnay and his wife, and the enchantingly upstanding Lucie Manette in the midst of the French Revolution. Students and teachers alike will be entranced with this sweeping historical drama of persecution, revolution and ultimately, spiritual redemption in A Tale of Two Cities.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story
- A companion workbook is available separately
Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.