This first volume of selected Edgar Allan Poe's short stories is part of the Classic Readers series. English language learners of all ages will enjoy developing their vocabulary and reading fluency as they read the spellbinding stories of The Tell-Tale Heart, The Premature Burial, The Murders in the Rue Morgue, The Masque of the Red Death, The Black Cat, and A Tale of the Ragged Mountain. Students and teachers alike will be spellbound with these adaptations of the master of suspense and the macabre.
Classic Readers provide beginning and intermediate English language learners accessible adaptations of the greatest works of literature. Carefully designed to retell the stories using vocabulary and sentence structure appropriate for one of six different grade levels.
- Carefully graded, retold-stories using appropriate vocabulary and sentence structure
- Motivating full-color illustrations
- Discussion questions before and after each chapter
- A glossary of key vocabulary words
- A short playlet for fun classroom activities
- An MP3 CD of the full story
- A companion workbook is available separately