Shakespeare's Theater: A Sourcebook
|Published by: algy (Karma: 416.78) on 4 December 2010 | Views: 1024|
Shakespeare’s Theater: A Sourcebook
brings together in one volume the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater.
- A collection of the most significant Elizabethan and Jacobean texts on the morality of the theater.
- Includes attacks on the stage by moralists, defences by actors and playwrights, letters by magistrates, mayors and aldermen of London, and extracts from legislation.
- Demonstrates just how heated debates about the theater became in the late sixteenth and early seventeenth centuries.
- A general introduction and short prefaces to each piece situate the writers and debates in the literary, social, political and religious history of the time.
- Brings together in one volume texts that would otherwise be hard to locate.
- Student-friendly - uses modern spelling and includes vocabulary glosses and annotation.
http://englishtips.org/1150801894-shakespeares-theater-a-sourcebook.htmlDear user! Your publication has been rejected as it seems to be a duplicate of another publication that already exists on Englishtips. Please make sure you always check BEFORE submitting your publication. If you only have an alternative link for an existing publication, please add it using the special field for alternative links in that publication.
|Tags: Laurie, Maguire, resource, valuable, supremely, Shakespeare, Sourcebook, Theater