Activating Vocabulary 1 is designed for teachers with limited preparation time who want to provide lively, motivating language skills lessons to introduce, test or revise the use of vocabulary.
Each Brain Friendly Publications lesson tries to include:
- Learners who use different styles
- Links from short to long term memory
- Pictures to explain; and focus the learner
- Listening to relax; and a chance to hear a native speaker
- Group; and individual work
- Work to use the different intelligences (Multiple Intelligences Theory)
- Sometimes we use the approach called suggestopedia - sometimes mind mapping™ (Tony Buzan) and memory mapping.
By all this a more effective linking of the different systems in the brain achieves improved transfer from short-term to long-term memory. Our products are designed to maximise this link advantage; we call them Brain Friendly.
Users can be from any of the following education areas:
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESOL)
- English for special needs
- Accelerative and accelerated learning; though these use differing techniques and emphasis.
Brain Friendly Publications believe that you will enjoy using our products, retain more than you expect and learn fast. Each lesson is kept very simple to ensure learners retain a correct grammar use on which to build and experiment.
The materials are designed for maximum learning, maximum motivation and enjoyment, and minimum stress.
High on the agenda is giving confidence in reaching the set language target and enjoyment on the way. All the lessons tell you what you are about to learn. The teaching notes help to make the teacher's job easy by saying how we suggest you do it though there are many variations and possible deviations to take and make it your lesson. A large variety of learning steps are used and something memorable is discussed on the way.