Does the idea of speaking in front of an audience fill you with dread? Relax! The Standard Deviants will help you overcome your fear of public speaking and help you deliver your message with style and flair! Using proven attention-getters, illustrations and delivery suggestions, this DVD will help you organize your thoughts and present them in a clear and persuasive manner.
The main menu consists of a min or two on faking confidence in communication apprehension, using supporting materials, organizing your presentation (comparisons, persuading the audience including Monroe's), delivering the speech, style of speech (clarity, rhythm, parallel wording) & the delivery, the moment of truth closing (body apearance, language, eye contact, vocal varation.)
NB: rename the MDF file to ISO, or mount it directly with daemon tools.
Please read the contents of this file. It contains important information about this DVD. InterActual Technologies, Inc. 100 Century Center Court, Suite 200 San Jose, CA 95112 email@example.com (or visit our homepage at http://www.interactual.com or http://www.pcfriendly.com) =========================================================================
Contents ----------------------------------------------------- 1. System Requirements 2. Before You Run Installation, Be Sure To...... 3. Installing PCFriendly 4. Running PCFriendly 5. Uninstalling PCFriendly 6. License Agreement & Disclaimer 7. Trademarks and Copyright Notice 8. Issues
Section 1: System Requirements ----------------------------------------------------- Software: * IBM-Compatible system with CPU of 486/33MHz or higher processor. * 16MB of RAM * Windows 95, or Windows 98 * Graphics capability with 256 colors or more (65K colors recommended) * Sound card * DVD-ROM * DVD playback card or graphics card with software DVD playback capability.
Section 2: Before You Run Installation, Be Sure To... ----------------------------------------------------- Before installing any Windows application, you may want to perform a little housekeeping. You may skip these steps and go directly to the installation steps (described in sections 3 and 4), but keep these housekeeping suggestions in mind if you run into any installation problems:
* Disable any screen savers before using or installing the PCFriendly DVD. Screen savers may interfere with the display of graphics and cursors.
Section 3: Installing Your PCFriendly DVD ----------------------------------------------------- To install your PCFriendly DVD on your computer, insert the enclosed DVD into the DVD-ROM drive on your computer. Select the Start button from the Task Bar and select Run. In the Command Line box, type d:install and press Enter. (We'll assume that your computer designates "d:" as the DVD-ROM drive. If your computer uses another letter--like "e:" for example--type e:install and press Enter.) Follow the instructions in the Installation program.
To playback MPEG or DVD files, YOU MUST BE RUNNING A MPEG or DVD DECODER IN ORDER FOR THIS APPLICATION TO RUN PROPERLY. Be sure to get the latest video drivers from your graphics board or system manufacturer. If you are running a software MPEG codec such as Xing, MediaMatics, ActiveMovie, or Zoran, you must also make sure that you have DirectDraw available and loaded on your system. If this seems confusing, and it is, please contact your board manufacturer or system manufacturer for details specific to your system. They will be able to fully describe your system to you and all the requirements for MPEG or DVD playback!
How do I know if my system has a MPEG or DVD CODEC loaded? Our installation program will inform you. If the installation does not find any MPEG or DVD drivers available on your system, you will need to contact your board or system manufacturer to obtain the appropriate drivers.
Section 4: Running Your PCFriendly DVD ----------------------------------------------------- Starting Your PCFriendly DVD:
The installation program will create (1) a program group called "PCFriendly" with an icon for running the PCFriendly software, and (2) an PCFriendly icon on your desktop. Just double click the PCFriendly icon to start the program.
For more information on using your PCFriendly DVD, just click the help button on the remote control after starting the program.
To exit the PCFriendly software, just click the OFF button on the remote control.
Section 5: Uninstalling PCFriendly Software ----------------------------------------------------- To uninstall the PCFriendly Software on your computer, simply access the Control Panel and run Add/Remove Programs by double clicking the icon. You will see an entry called "PCFriendly." Select this entry (by single clicking the text) and then select click on the Remove button. This action will delete all the files installed by any PCFriendly DVS, and remove all references to the PCFriendly DVD.
PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE RUNNING THE ENCLOSED SOFTWARE. THIS AGREEMENT LICENSES THE ENCLOSED SOFTWARE TO YOU AND CONTAINS WARRANTY AND LIABILITY DISCLAIMERS. BY RUNNING THE ENCLOSED SOFTWARE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BECOME BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, CANCEL THIS INSTALLATION PROGRAM AND DO NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE. INSTEAD, USE THE DVD PLAYER APPLICATION THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH WITH YOUR COMPUTER OR DVD UPGRADE KIT.
1. Definitions (a) "ITI Software" means the software programs included in the enclosed package, and all related updates supplied by ITI. (b) "ITI Product" means the ITI Software and the related documentation and models and multimedia content (such as video, animation, sound and graphics), and all related updates supplied by ITI.
2. License. This Agreement allows you to: (a) Use the ITI Software on a single computer. (b) Make one copy of the ITI Software in machine-readable form solely for backup purposes. You must reproduce on any such copy all copyright notices and any other proprietary legends on the original copy of the ITI Software. (c) Certain ITI Software is licensed with additional rights as set forth in the Supplementary Rights Addendum that may be included in the package for this ITI Product.
3. Supplementary Licenses. Certain rights are not granted under this Agreement, but may be available under a separate agreement. If you would like to enter into one of the Supplementary Licenses listed below, please contact ITI. (a) Site Licenses. You must enter into a ITI Site License if you wish to make copies of the ITI Software for use with additional CPU's owned by you. (b) Distribution License. You must enter into a ITI Run-Time Distribution Agreement if you wish to copy and distribute an End-User Product (and its associated ITI Run-Time) other than as set forth in Section 2.
4. Restrictions. You may not make or distribute copies of the ITI Product, or electronically transfer the ITI Software from one computer to another or over a network. You may not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the ITI Software to a human-perceivable form. You may not modify, rent, resell for profit, distribute or create derivative works based upon the ITI Software or any part thereof. You will not export or reexport, directly or indirectly, the ITI Product into any country prohibited by the United States Export Administration Act and the regulations thereunder.
5. Ownership. The foregoing license grants give you limited rights to use the ITI Software. Although you own the disk or CD-ROM on which the ITI Software is recorded, you do not become the owner of, and ITI (and its licensors) retains title to, the ITI Product, and all copies thereof, and all associated patent rights, copyrights, trade secret rights and other intellectual property rights therein and thereto. All rights not specifically granted in this Agreement are reserved by ITI.
6. Limited Warranties. (a) ITI warrants that, for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of delivery (as evidenced by a copy of your receipt): the media on which the ITI Software is furnished will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH IN THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY, THE ITI SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. ITI DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IF APPLICABLE LAW IMPLIES ANY WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE ITI PRODUCT, ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO NINETY (90) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF DELIVERY. No oral or written information or advice given by ITI, its dealers, distributors, agents or employees shall create a warranty or in any way increase the scope of this warranty. (b) SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
7. Exclusive Remedies. Your exclusive remedy under Section 6 is to receive a replacement copy of the ITI Software. ITI will use reasonable commercial efforts to supply you with a replacement copy of the ITI Software. ITI shall have no responsibility with respect to ITI Software that has been altered in any way or where the non-conformance arises out of use of the ITI Software in conjunction with software or hardware not supplied by ITI or with respect to any media damaged by accident, abuse or misapplication.
8. Limitations of Damages. (a) ITI (AND ITS LICENSORS) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ITI OR ITS REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL ITI (OR ANY OF ITS LICENSORS) BE LIABLE FOR THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES. (b) ITI's total liability to you for actual damages for any cause whatsoever will be limited to the greater of $1.00 or the amount paid by you for the ITI Software that caused such damages. (c) SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Basis of Bargain. The limited warranty, exclusive remedies and limited liability set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the bargain between ITI and you. ITI would not be able to provide the ITI Software on an economic basis without such limitations.
10. Government End Users. The Government acknowledges receipt of notice that the Products and related documentation were developed at private expense and that no part of either of them is in the public domain. The Government acknowledges ITI's representation that the Products are "Commercial Computer Software" as described in FAR 12.212, DFAR 227.7202 and similar regulations issues by the same or other US Government agencies. In no event will the Government's rights in the software and the software documentation exceed the rights listed in FAR 52.227-19 (Restricted Rights). Unpublished rights reserved under the copyright laws of the United States. Manufacturer: INTERACTUAL TECHNOLOGIES INC., 100 Century Center Court, Suite 205, San Jose, CA 95112.
11. General. This Agreement shall be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. This Agreement contains the complete agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, whether oral or written. All questions concerning this Agreement shall be directed to ITI at the address first written above.
Section 7: Trademarks and Copyright Notice ----------------------------------------------------- InterActual, InterActual Technologies, the InterActual Technologies logo, PCFriendly, the PCFriendly logo, and VideoSaver are either trademarks or registered trademarks of InterActual Technologies, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ideoSaver Copyright 1995-2000, InterActual Technologies, Inc. PCFriendly Copyright 1997-2000, InterActual Technologies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
This PCFriendly DVD includes Flash Player software from Macromedia, Inc., the standard for delivering high-impact, interactive vectors on the World Wide Web. For further information regarding Flash, including upgrades that may be available, visit "http://www.flash.com." Copyright 1995-2000 Macromedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Flash is a trademark of Macromedia, Inc.
Section 8: Issues ----------------------------------------------------- If you find any issues with your PCFriendly DVD, please refer to PCFriendly.com. Thank you for your help.