Get the word power in your hands
Dictionary - WordWeb English descriptionA quick, easy to use, and comprehensive international English dictionary and thesaurus. Fast searching, detailed definitions, synonyms, derived words, examples, and a great user interface let you easily navigate between words as you discover and explore their meanings.
The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms and similar words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
A version with 70,000 professionally recorded audio pronunciations is available as a separate product.
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
- Customize search options (case, derived forms, etc)
Is it better than dictionary.com and Webster dictionary? Judge for yourself!
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and its free. Oxford and Chambers dictionaries also available.
Requirement:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch Requires iPhone OS 2.0 or later