Dialects (Language Workbooks)
|Published by: annabelle_lee (Karma: 417.58) on 11 November 2009 | Views: 3480|
Written in a clear and simple style, with all technical concepts fully explained, Language Workbooks
can be used for independent study or as part of a taught class.
The second edition of Dialects
- has been revised throughout
- introduces the many dialects of English spoken in the United Kingdom
- reveals the key issues that dialectology engages with
- uses both the international phonetic alphabet and simple representations of sounds to explain pronunciations
- involves readers in collecting data
- contains numerous illustrative maps
- is written in a lively and engaging style, with information on 'posh and less posh' dialects and spotting your dialect area.
Dear user! You need to be registered and logged in to fully enjoy Englishtips.org. We recommend registering
or logging in
|Tags: dialects, variety, Dialects, datacontains, numerous, illustrative