Sports Marketing is the first book to take the beginner student through the sometimes baffling world of sports marketing. Written in a very accessible manner specifically for students at the very start of their careers, this book explains the basic principles and practices of strategic marketing in the sports industry.
Unlike current texts available on the market, the book is aimed at the beginner student and equips them with the skills to:
* apply marketing theory to the unique sports industry environment
* conduct an internal and external analysis of a sport organization in order to identify market opportunities
* apply basic skills in the identification of marketing opportunities, and the formulation of these opportunities into marketing objectives
* use a marketing framework to develop a strategic sport marketing direction
* use a marketing framework to develop a sport marketing strategy that addresses segmentation, targeting, differentiation and marketing mix variables
* utilize control and quality tools to monitor progress and introduce changes to the marketing strategy and tactics.
Packed with cases, questions, exercises, illustrations and with supporting online materials, Sport Marketing should be the first stop on any beginner sports management and marketing student's reading list.
* The first book on the market for the beginner student studying sports marketing
* Packed with cases, exercises, questions, illustrations and with a raft of online material available
* Written in a highly accessible manner by a renowned sports marketing expert