The Blackwell Companion to Major Classical Social Theorists provides a comprehensive review of classical social theory.
Containing original essays especially commissioned for this volume, leading experts and practitioners examine the life and work of 12 major theorists.
* Includes 12 original essays by leading scholars on major classical social theorists.
* Covers the key figures who shaped social theory, such as Marx, Weber and Durkheim, as well as additional classical theorists such as Harriet Martineau and W. E. B. Du Bois.
* Essays include biographical sketches, the social and intellectual context, and the impact of the thinker's work on social theory generally.
* Includes bibliographies of the theorist's most important works as well as key secondary works.
* Can be used in conjunction with The Blackwell Companion to Major Contemporary Social Theorists
, edited by George Ritzer, for a complete reference source in social theory.The Blackwell Companion to Major Contemporary Social Theorists