A Companion to European Romanticism
|Published by: huelgas (Karma: 1205.11) on 6 January 2009 | Views: 2030|
This companion is the first book of its kind to focus on the whole of European Romanticism.
- Describes the way in which the Romantic Movement swept across Europe in the early nineteenth century.
- Covers the national literatures of France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia and Spain.
- Addresses common themes that cross national borders, such as orientalism, Napoleon, night, nature, and the prestige of the fragment.
- Includes cross-disciplinary essays on literature and music, literature and painting, and the general system of Romantic arts.
- Features 35 essays in all, from leading scholars in America, Australia, Britain, France, Italy, and Switzerland.
Dear user! You need to be registered and logged in to fully enjoy Englishtips.org. We recommend registering
or logging in
|Tags: European, national, Romanticism, Addresses, common