Wiley-Blackwell | 2005 | ISBN: 1405106816 | 624 pages
A Companion to the History of the Middle East offers a fresh account of the multifaceted and multi-layered history of this region.
* A fresh account of the multifaceted and multi-layered history of the Middle East.
* Comprises 26 newly-commissioned essays by leading international scholars.
* Primarily focused on the modern and contemporary periods.
* Covers religious, social, cultural, economic, political and military history.
* Treats the region as four differentiated political units - Iran, Turkey, Israel and the Arab world.
* Includes a section on current issues, such as oil, urban growth, the role of women, and democratic human rights.