soaring skyscrapers to rumbling subways, power shopping to
bargain-hunting, world-renowned restaurants to neighborhood delis and
pizzerias, majestic cathedrals to Times Square—New York has it all.
Chances are you can't do it all, but this friendly guide helps you take
a big bite out of the Big Apple with:
* Maps and tips for getting around by public transit, plus sights best seen on foot
* A calendar of events for every season
* A shopper's guide, including trendy areas like SoHo, NoHo, and NoLita
* Information about great free attractions, including the Staten Island Ferry
* Sample itineraries to help you make the most of your trip
With information on "must see" attractions like the Statue of Liberty,
the Empire State Building, and Central Park, places to take the kids,
an insider's look at the nightlife, tips on getting discount tickets to
popular shows, and a Quick Concierge with all kinds of info, this guide
will have you saying, "I love New York."