Shakespeare by Stages: An Historical Introduction
|Published by: englishcology (Karma: 4532.95) on 27 July 2008 | Views: 2332|
In this engaging text, Arthur Kinney introduces students to Shakespeare’s plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
- Introduces students to Shakespeare's plays in the context of Elizabethan and Jacobean theater.
- Focuses on the material conditions of playing and of playgoing.
- Covers venues, audiences, actors, society, government and regulation.
- Each topic is considered in relation to a selection of Shakespeare's plays.
- Shows students how the plays and the context in which they were produced illuminate one another.
Dear user! You need to be registered and logged in to fully enjoy Englishtips.org. We recommend registering
or logging in
|Tags: plays, students, context, Shakespeares, Jacobean, Shakespeare, Elizabethan