Book Restorer™ software is the ideal tool for restoring images because of the diversity and quality of its processes.
Book Restorer™ includes numerous features entirely dedicated to the digitization of materials such as books, incunabula, newspapers, registers, property books and maps.
Book Restorer™ is the ideal application for managing, restoring, storing and publishing written works.
Book Restorer™ lets you display and view all the images in a book digitized with a scanner.
During the import and export phases, you can select any of the following formats to optimize your files for their intended use: TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PDF or PNG.
The Book Restorer™ architecture allows you to simulate a book structure.
The automation module enables you to run restore and export processing as a background task.
Book Restorer™ is “must-have” software for anyone who wants to restore or even improve the quality and accuracy of original digital documents. Advanced Geometrical Processes
- Geometrical correction corrects distortions caused by scanning on a vertical scanner (book curvature) or the presence of crumpled pages.
- Deskew corrects for the scan angle.
Page Layout Helper
- Binarization converts all greyscale or color documents into black and white images.
- 1D lighting correction corrects light variation produced by surface relief or book curvature. When you scan a thick book, the shadow of the binding will appear on the image. This module allows you to obtain light uniformity to eliminate such shadows, whether vertical or horizontal.
- 2D lighting correction deletes variations in brightness sometimes introduced during scanning.
- Finger Masking allows you to manipulate more easily your documents during the scanning operation since it detects and automatically masks the images of the operator’s fingers on the side margins. This process masks the finger images by substituting a homogeneous background. You can thus hold the book open with your fingers or tools on both side margins during the scanning operation.
- Area detection lets you manually or automatically isolate the graphics components and text fields on your page.
- Crop: this module offers three different image cropping possibilities: division of an image into several sections (horizontal or vertical), manual crop (definition of a cropping frame by the operator), automatic crop (automatic search of the main information in an image).
Respect the following REQUIRED CONFIGURATION for an optimal functioning:
- PC mono or bi-PENTIUM III
- RAM : 128 Mb minimum, 256Mb recommended
- Graphics Card : true colors (16 millions colors)
- Screen Resolution : 1280 x 1024 pixels
- Microsoft® WINDOWS NT® 4.00 Service Pack 4 or more