LANGENSCHEIDT LIVING IN THE U.S.
Tons of information on everyday life in the USA presented in authentic voices of native speakers in real world situations with dialects, slang, background noises and all, real-life survival kit for your stay in the US of A!
Table of Contents
01. Kicking the tires: At the auto dealership
02. Insuring your car is not as easy as 1-2-3
03. California dreamin' dude. How we sound on the second coast
04. "Didn't you see that stop sign?" - Taking your driver's test
05. America's Pastime: Trying to understand baseball
06. A cozy Cape Cod for a growing family? Buying a home
07. "I didn't know I was going so fast, officer." Getting stopped by the police
08. American dialects: Alligator country with a French accent
09. Mind your "P's" And "Q's": Etiquette such as it is, in modern America
10. A nation of choices: Choosing health insurance
11. American dialects: Boston, the home of the bean and the cod
12. More choices: Our non-system of childcare.
13. All education is local: American public schools
14. A nation of believers: An African-American talks about her faith
15. More choices: Opening a bank account
16. American dialects: The Big Apple
17. American higher education
18. American dialects: South of the border, down Mexico way
19. American dialects: "Well, howdy do from Texas."
20. American dialects: A man from India