Basic Skills Workbook:
* Recognize lletters and practice their sounds
* Match pictures and letters
* Print upper and lower case letters
* Complete dot-to-dots and mazes
The warm and funny world of Max & Ruby is a great place for your child to learn about the letters of the alphabet. Activities on each page build letter recognition and fine motor skills — important steps in learninq to read and print — while the familiarity and fun of the characters will keep your child engaged for many happy hours.
You can help your child succeed by:
* Reading the directions aloud and then perhaps doing a page or two together to get started
* Ensuring that learning time is relaxed, pleasant, and challenging — praise effort, and stop when your child shows signs of tiring
* Supporting his or her learninq by pointinq out letters in familiar words as you go about your day: in your child's name, on a cereal box, on traffic signs, and elsewhere
* Reading aloud to your child will help develop a love of reading which is vital to a child's future learning
By having fun together with words and sounds, you help your child begin to reap the lifelong rewards of reading and writing.