Derived from the content of the respected McGraw Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline. Written in clear, simple language understandable to the general reader, yet in-depth enough for scientists, educators, and advanced students, The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition:
* Has been extensively revised, with 18,000 entries encompassing the language of the life sciences
* Includes synonyms, acronyms, and abbreviations
* Provides pronunciations for all terms
* Covers more than 20 areas of life science, including anatomy, biochemistry, botany, evolution, genetics, microbiology, physiology, and zoology, and has been expanded to cover other important biomedical sciences such as forensics, neuroscience, pathology, pharmacology, and veterinary science
* Includes an appendix containing tables of useful data and information
* Is based on the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms – for more than a quarter-of-a-century THE standard international reference
Carefully reviewed for clarity, completeness, and accuracy, the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Bioscience, Second Edition, offers a standard of excellence unmatched by any similar publication.